Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
World's Oldest Christian Church discovered in Jordan!!
RE: World's Oldest Christian Church discovered in Jordan!!
There is no proof of the existence of Jesus none whatsoever and these caves do nothing to atheism.Not all atheists deny the existence of a man named Jesus Christ or the Christ what many of my fellow atheists deny is the miraculous aspects of his ministry,birth,life,death,and ressurrection.

Regarding that false prophet I mentioned out of Puerto Rico,I was not claiming a belief in him by posting that.I was simply pointing out that anyone could found a religion especially an off shoot of Christianity by twisting the bible and it's teachings out of context etc.

I personally do not believe in the existence of Christ since his entire name is not even a name but a title http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_and_t...Testamente For all we know this Christ could have been named Sally but we would never know by going by the scriptures since his real name is never revealed.
Thus putting our friend Christ back in the myth section of your local book store or library.The fact that the scriptures did not come together till about 50 or 60 years after (Mark being the oldest extant account of his life) his alleged crucifixion and that there exist no records of his trial in Roman history are pretty much conclusive that he is a myth.

Christianity is an offshoot of Roman sun worship and some more ancient religions that predated it by in some cases hundreds of years.In fact,all Christian major holidays are derived from ancient mythology as well.And lets not forget that none of the so called authors of the N.T. were first hand eyewitnesses to the existence of Christ or even knew him when he supposedly walked the earth.The only person that turned Christ into this man God was Paul in his writings and he is the true founder of Christianity as we know it today.Take some time to read the 4 gospels in the N.T. and focus on the death of Jesus,his resurrection,and his so called post death appearances.All of the gospels blatantly contradict each other regarding Jesus last words as he hung on the cross,who met him at the tomb when he rose from the dead first etc.
Psalm,trust me I can sit here and quote scriptures with the best of them but honestly it's alot of work and it's quite boring after awhile.I have been arguing these same issues with Christians for years and there are times when doing all the research and putting it there for you is just useless.If Christians want to know the truth they have to read their bibles objectively without religious bias and then open their eyes to the lies and the contradictions that have been there for so long.Faith tends to blind people to anything that contradicts what they believe to be true.Do the research on your own with an open mind and you cant help but not believe that the bible is nothing more than myths and oral traditions.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: World's Oldest Christian Church discovered in Jordan!! - by chatpilot - December 9, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1209 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88422 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4142 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christians - What would you do if it were discovered Jesus never existed? Cecelia 165 33679 September 12, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
Question Problems with Christian Church jiffy 112 23730 August 29, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Randy Carson
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7404 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Mass grave discovered in an abandoned Catholic children's home. Esquilax 46 8694 June 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Vox
  science has discovered the consistance of god. daandaan 18 4128 October 13, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Atheist origin science has discovered the origin of god. daandaan 2 1572 October 11, 2013 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Christian Minister responsible for thousands leaving the church Kayenneh 39 11811 July 26, 2013 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Faith No More