Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly?
RE: Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly?
(November 2, 2016 at 1:35 am)Aractus Wrote: So let's look at the stigmas that society attached to MJ. For brevity I won't bother discussing the child sexual assault allegations in the OP, but feel free to discuss them in the thread.

I'll start with what he wasn't stigmatised for. MJ was balding and had cosmetic work done to darken his scalp at the hairline as well as wore a wig woven into his hair (as revealed in his autopsy report).

So why was he stigmatised at all? [...]

"Stigmatized"? Lol... He was the King Of Pop, until the kid-fondling thing got out of control. Every celebrity of that stature has sh*t-tons of myths and rumors attached to them. It's part of what keeps them famous. And Jackson was clearly creating and/or fueling many of those rumors, because he must have been smart enough to know, how fame works and that - at the end of the day - almost nobody (and certainly not the general public) cares about music/art alone. He possibly also wanted to give the tabloids some outlandish sh*t to write about him, so that they didn't start digging into his ambiguous sexuality, lack of family-life, sleep-overs with children and "Jesus-juice", or whatever he was up to.

He's dead. Maybe few years down the line his kids will shed some more light on what Michael was up to, if the price is right. However - I don't believe he was entirely innocent, even though I doubt he was raping any underage rectums, catholic-style. If I was accused (however falsely) of child molestation, and paid millions of dollars to make the accusations go away - I sure as f*ck would make sure I wasn't in a similar situation again in the future. But apparently he absolutely HAD to have unaccompanied minors at his creepy theme-park, so either he couldn't control his sexuality, or he was very, very dumb, or simply mentally ill. Could have been all three.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Messages In This Thread
Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly? - by Aractus - November 2, 2016 at 1:35 am
RE: Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly? - by Homeless Nutter - November 2, 2016 at 6:46 am
RE: Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly? - by Cato - November 2, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael Scott was right onlinebiker 5 323 June 9, 2022 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone planning on seeing the new Michael Moore movie? Jehanne 16 1103 September 18, 2018 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina