Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly?
RE: Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly?
(November 3, 2016 at 2:06 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 12:13 pm)Tiberius Wrote: To me it was upsetting because I'd been a longtime fan of his, but I don't think this detracts from his music, which is still great. However, he does appear to be one in a long line of celebrities who are being exposed as sex offenders. As Trump said, "when you're a star, they let you do it", and it's both true and shameful that this stuff goes on, and goes unpunished.

On a related note I was watching a recent American Christmas film and the Gary Glitter Christmas song came on at a shopping mall or something and it reminded me that that song has been erased from history.

It used to be at every Christmas party but no longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHMhEWyqj2g

Before my Nan died, she asked me whether there was anything that I'd like from her house, furniture wise.  My wife and I had just moved into our new place and she knew we liked older, retro furniture.  Well she had this amazing 1950's record player that I've loved since I was a kid, so she let me have that.

Among other great original LP's that came with it were Elvis Presley, The Supremes, T-Rex, Jimi Hendrix and Gary Glitter......

The Gary Glitter album was called "Touch Me."

Honestly.
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."

Messages In This Thread
Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly? - by Aractus - November 2, 2016 at 1:35 am
RE: Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly? - by SofaKingHigh - November 4, 2016 at 5:59 am
RE: Why was Michael Jackson stigmatised so harshly? - by Cato - November 2, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael Scott was right onlinebiker 5 330 June 9, 2022 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone planning on seeing the new Michael Moore movie? Jehanne 16 1165 September 18, 2018 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina