Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millerite crackpots and Noah's ark shenanigans
RE: Millerite crackpots and Noah's ark shenanigans
(February 8, 2017 at 12:25 pm)Khemikal Wrote: How did your family take it?  How did your disillusionment effect your relationship with your brother?
My brother who I mentioned in the OP still believes, weirdly. He believes it's generally the truth, except for this and this and this and that all that is wrong will be corrected. I love him but I think he has a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, personally.

My family has not taken it that well and I've had a few great friends toss me aside, but that's fine. It's fine. I had to be honest with them and with myself, because the cognitive dissonance was killing me. I'd rather move on and just live a free life. If I can do a bit of street epistemology, that works too.

Messages In This Thread
Millerite crackpots and Noah's ark shenanigans - by bheath - February 8, 2017 at 11:55 am
RE: Millerite crackpots and Noah's ark shenanigans - by bheath - February 8, 2017 at 1:08 pm
RE: Millerite crackpots and Noah's ark shenanigans - by Sal - February 8, 2017 at 1:39 pm
RE: Millerite crackpots and Noah's ark shenanigans - by Sal - February 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm