Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
(March 5, 2017 at 2:25 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(March 5, 2017 at 12:55 pm)pool the matey Wrote: I don't like it or hate it, it is what it is. If I had to name one aspect of the patriarchal society that I do not like then it would be that it considers men as working slaves that are destined to provide for and work for others.

"working slaves" for whom? yourself?

A patriarchal society by definition is one which is controlled and dominated by "men", so if men are to be considered being slaves in such a society, then either they are slaves to themselves of their own volition or it is a different type of society, right?

That's the thing though, according to definitions a patriarchy is supposed to be all hugs and kisses for men. It's not. Our job is to break our backs working for others because Men are supposed to be leaders of a family. Patriarchy is a bit like men being voluntarily work slaves.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything. - by ErGingerbreadMandude - March 5, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask me anything account_inactive 41 6106 March 5, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: abaris