Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
(March 5, 2017 at 10:27 pm)pool the matey Wrote:
mh.brewer Wrote:And what do you think it is like for women?
What do I think it's like for women? I can tell you what I've been seeing with my own eyes for 21 years. Women and men are brought up differently. Women live a protected life. Every woman will have at least 3 to 5 brothers or cousin brothers ready to come to their aid at any time, they grow up very close to their mother and sisters, the favorite child of a father will be the daughter in all families. Boys get beat up for their mistakes and girls are considered cute for making mistakes. It's quite astonishing how much fathers love their daughters more than their sons and how obvious they make it, perhaps to harden up the boys i don't know. Girls are considered like little precious diamonds, are overly protected and everybody is desperate to entertain them.

Boys get brought up with sooo much freedom, we can go anywhere. I doesn't matter if we get a bit late home because frankly people don't even notice you were gone, they will be too busy with the girls. Boys doesn't have anyone ready to come to their aid at any time apart from friends, if we ask for help we are made fun of for asking for help while being born a male(by women). If a family member gets hospitalized girls stay home and watch TV, boys have to stay in the hospital and look after the patient. Most people seem to think because boys are given so much freedom that they are somehow "powerful", my view is that boys are seen more like easily disposable replacements, people don't care much about them, so they have this "freedom" to do things girls can't while girls are considered as precious diamonds and are taken care of with utmost care.

mh.brewer Wrote:What do you thinks of this article?: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...eform-rape
There are definitely rural places in India where it is an absolute shit hole to live in. People are not educated, law enforcement is worse and everything is head down feet up. That being said, that article is a feminist piece written on feelings and not on facts. For example, men are not allowed to look at women for more than 14 seconds or we will end up in jail, a woman doesn't get punished for false rape accusation, a woman can make a complaint against any random man and the man will guarantee spend 24hrs in jail(and get beat up inside jail). What that article does is point out the extreme, rare and isolated incidents from rural places in the state UP(which itself is quite rural) and try to equate the whole India with it. Apart from that I could've agreed with some other parts written in that article but unfortunately they have overly exaggerated (probably for reading value) to be point of being absurd that I cannot consider that piece an honest work.

That's not what this article would indicate: "For many years, Indian families seemed more interested in having boys than girls. This choice of boys has led to many illegal abortions. Doctors were told to end a pregnancy when the fetus showed signs of being female."

http://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/ind...24534.html

Almost all of the google searches indicate that, in India, boys are preferred over girls, in all levels of society.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything. - by brewer - March 5, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask me anything account_inactive 41 6166 March 5, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: abaris