Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:From reading your posts, it seems like there's a lot of burden being put on men in your patriarchal society. Would you say that a more gender equal society would balance the burden among the sexes (or the population as a whole)? What is your formula for making your society a more fulfilling, meaningful, and happier place?
A gender equal society(in the sense that people start treating boys or girls without any partiality) would definitely solve many current issues. It would be nice to see the general attitude of the people change and have them not see men as work slaves destined to provide for and keep others happy and well or not see women as these precious little diamonds that must be protected from anything and everything. That is however not the root of the problem. Let me explain, there is a reason why boys are treated this badly, it is because fathers prefer girls over boys. Fathers have an obvious favoritism towards girls so girls receive a default comforting life since fathers run the family. Mothers are however tough with the girls but fathers always intervene to save the precious thing. Mothers seem to prefer their boys but since a mother doesn't have much power in a family structure the boys are left with shit. The only way to remove this imbalance would be to somehow destroy the family unit but then a society would go to shit, so as boys living in a patriarchy we're pretty much stuck with being treated like shit.

Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:Also, out of curiosity, is gender identity black and white in the patriarchal society in which you are a part of, or is there a gray area?
Transexualism is not a thing in India. Homosexuality is "somewhat" okay in India, there will be a lot of societal level backlash but legally every person is protected equally regardless of their sexuality. Besides, I don't agree with the gender fluid concept either. If you're a homosexual man that hate your dick they say you identify as a woman, I just don't see the need for this distinction of "Transexuals"; "Homosexuality" already covers that part but that's a topic for another time.

Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:For example, would a homosexual man who gender identifies as a woman (or vice versa) be accepted in your society?
(bolding, the word "homosexual" and strikeout mine)
Will they be accepted at a social level? Probably not.

Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:Would you say that your society is open-minded and open to change?
Open to change in regards to normalizing homosexuality? Nope, not currently. I know people that engage in homosexual acts but it's more like a fetish for them not a way of life. Although, I do feel like the upcoming generation is pretty open minded.

(March 6, 2017 at 1:40 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote:
(March 5, 2017 at 10:27 pm)pool the matey Wrote: If you're going to keep on attacking me I'm going to start attacking you back soon enough. The only reason I'm not doing it is because I don't want to destroy your will to live.

lol

(March 5, 2017 at 11:46 pm)Iroscato Wrote:
Moderator Notice
There are to be no more derailments in this thread. End of story.

I think first we need to find a railment Dunno

Keep provoking me.

(March 6, 2017 at 5:07 am)ukatheist Wrote: Is it still common in India for fathers of girls to pay a dowry to the groom/grooms family on marriage?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

It's illegal to ask for dowry. The reason behind this is people used to ask too much money from a family that the whole family had to go into debt to pay the dowry and sometimes ended up in suicides. It's not illegal to give money to the groom though and most families still do it. Grooms don't specifically ask for this money but it is standard practice, although it is MUCH more common to see the bride pressure her own father to give a bigger amount. The concept of dowry is not "Money for the groom for marrying our daughter." it is more like "Money given to the groom to take care of our daughter". So it is much more common to see a woman demand dowry than the other way around.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything. - by ErGingerbreadMandude - March 6, 2017 at 5:18 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask me anything account_inactive 41 6106 March 5, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: abaris