Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
(March 5, 2017 at 9:40 pm)pool the matey Wrote:
(March 5, 2017 at 2:25 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: "working slaves" for whom? yourself?

A patriarchal society by definition is one which is controlled and dominated by "men", so if men are to be considered being slaves in such a society, then either they are slaves to themselves of their own volition or it is a different type of society, right?

That's the thing though, according to definitions a patriarchy is supposed to be all hugs and kisses for men. It's not. Our job is to break our backs working for others because Men are supposed to be leaders of a family. Patriarchy is a bit like men being voluntarily work slaves.

hmm, do you think it is possible that your viewpoint is biased?

And, if your society is actively oppressing men, why do you call it a patriarchy?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything. - by Aoi Magi - March 6, 2017 at 8:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask me anything account_inactive 41 6178 March 5, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: abaris