Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
Hello, pool.  Thanks for your response.  I'm actually confused about something. 

pool the matey Wrote:Fathers have an obvious favoritism towards girls so girls receive a default comforting life since fathers run the family. Mothers are however tough with the girls but fathers always intervene to save the precious thing. Mothers seem to prefer their boys but since a mother doesn't have much power in a family structure the boys are left with shit. The only way to remove this imbalance would be to somehow destroy the family unit but then a society would go to shit, so as boys living in a patriarchy we're pretty much stuck with being treated like shit

pool the matey Wrote:Are you kidding me? I would've loved it if I were born a woman. Get treated practically like a precious diamond until 20 by dad and then choose a healthy slave(husband) to be my property that works for me and puts up with my nagging until I die? Fucking day dream.

In the household, do the mothers only lack power on paper (formal power)? Do they actually have a considerable amount of informal power?  Also, does age play a factor in how women and men are treated in your society?

Thanks for answering my questions, sir. I've appreciated your responses and have enjoyed reading them.  It is my hope that we can keep this dialog civil and inquisitive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything. - by Kernel Sohcahtoa - March 6, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask me anything account_inactive 41 6108 March 5, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: abaris