Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:In the household, do the mothers only lack power on paper (formal power)? Do they actually have a considerable amount of informal power?
Fathers definitely have more power in a household. The kind of power I'm describing is a father has the last word in the household in terms of making a decision. In simple terms, fathers can override a decision made by mother but not the other way around although it would still depend largely on the woman, if she is convincing and smart she can suggest a better decision in the hopes of persuading and it would then depend on the man whether that decision will be considered or not.

Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:Also, does age play a factor in how women and men are treated in your society?
Not in any way I can think of right now. I don't think there is a distinction on how an old man or woman is treated, they're just treated like old people. Although, I'll point out grandparents are huge fans of girl children, like give girls huge amounts of bank money kind of love, it's unparalleled and older people are much more harsher towards boys urging them to "be a man", " as a man it's your duty", those kind of things, I've yet to receive a single dime from my grandparents; showing their love through filling my belly up in unproportional levels seem to be their only method of showing love Tongue

Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:Thanks for answering my questions, sir. I've appreciated your responses and have enjoyed reading them. It is my hope that we can keep this dialog civil and inquisitive.
Of course. You don't have to call me sir though, I'm not much of a sir, I'm more like a dude or bro(or your highness :V). Don't worry, I'm only an asshole with those that are an asshole with me, our discussion will stay civil.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything. - by ErGingerbreadMandude - March 6, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask me anything account_inactive 41 6176 March 5, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: abaris