Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything.
(March 6, 2017 at 3:30 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Alas... even if he does come back and follows the rules, he's no doubt going to say something that someone doesn't like. Sometimes free speech sucks, but it's here for all of us. This break should be a time for him to realize that he can't step over the line and lie about staff actions. In reality, when a report is made, we have zero ideas about what the staff do to handle it or any possible violations. While I think that discussing what "may" or "may not" happen, falls in the realm of free speech, but outright saying what they "will" do, is completely unacceptable.

He does say things that are on epic levels of stupidity, but as long as he's not breaking the rules, he has as much of a right to be here as anyone else. That was a tough lesson for me to learn with all the drippy bullshit from last year but I accepted it and as a result, I have zero interactions with him.

Sometimes it takes a bigger person to just scroll past the idiotic posts and not fall for the traps those people try and bait us with.

Yep. But he outright lied about Lastpoet PMing him and misrepresenting the staff is against the rules.

I'm grateful that I've been a staff member here on AF more than once... and I can vouch for the fact that everything is done rationally and reasonably and as fairly as possible. People that none of the staff personally want here are still able to stick around provided they don't break any rules. I doubt Pool's ban was only temporary because the staff love him so much. It's because his rule violation wasn't great enough for permanent.

I think it's only a matter of time before he causes enough trouble that he eventually gets banned... but everyone deserves a fair chance. Even a certain black and white excitable animal had many many chances but you can only disrupt forum discussion for so long before there are consequences.

(March 6, 2017 at 3:36 pm)Aristocatt Wrote: This is primarily why I hope he returns.
I disagree with almost everything he says, but I don't think pool is like 
Dirch:  Someone who is so stupid they couldn't logic their way out of plastic bag.
ProgrammingGodJordan:  Someone who is just here to troll for the sake of it.

Drich has vile religious beliefs and PGJ simply an unintelligent troll with no life.... Pool's just a really shitty person. He doesn't really have any excuses. He deliberately causes controversy, he starts threads and then backtracks or shoots people down and he laughs as he says the most vile bigoted things. It's not like he's getting this shit from the Bible. He's just a very bigoted person.

He's more like a low grade EP than anything, really. Someone with no life. The good news is Pool is too dumb to really cause much harm to anyone... the bad news is at least EP could act intelligent.

Pool talks of a patriarchy where men are owned as slaves by women.....? Oh my god it really is impossible to facepalm too hard over that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (AMA) I live in a patriarchy. Ask me anything. - by Edwardo Piet - March 6, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask me anything account_inactive 41 6167 March 5, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: abaris