Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
(October 23, 2017 at 11:55 am)Shell B Wrote: That's fucking amazing!

Thanks! The only issue is that since my body is used to higher blood glucose, I get symptoms of low blood sugar when a normal person wouldn't.
But I feel much better .

(October 23, 2017 at 11:31 am)Joods Wrote:
(October 23, 2017 at 11:21 am)pocaracas Wrote: Smile Congratz on the 4 month smoke free!!

What "bad habit" did you replace in for it?
If it has anything to do with snacking, may I suggest carrots? Here, they sell these things they call "carrot batons", but you can always do that yourself and save a ton of moneys with raw carrots.
Pros> it keeps your mouth entertained. They're yummy. Keep them in the fridge and they're also fresh and refreshing. Nearly zero calories
Cons> Eat too many and you might find your gut working a bit too well... not sure that's a con! Tongue

When I get fed up on carrots, I change to cashews or just some nut mix... these are considerably more expensive than carrots, though...

Being Italian, I'm a foodie, by nature. So that was my downfall. I didn't have anything to occupy my hands and I had quit smoking two days before quitting my job so that didn't help any. I turned to food for comfort and I'm paying that price today. 

I have carrot  and celery sticks in my fridge. I have other healthy snacks all portioned out, such as grapes, apples slices and vanilla yogurt with banana slices in 1/2 cup containers. 

I sit alone all day until the kids get home from school. Then I go to work two evenings a week, Fridays during the day and every other Saturday, so really, the majority of my time is spent sitting here, on the forums. There's too much temptation in this house for me to deal with and this is after I've stopped buying processed, boxed foods because they mess with my IBS. 

I have an anaphylaxis food allergy to all sorts of nuts so those are out. I also cannot risk eating anything that was processed in a facility that uses equipment that has been exposed to nuts. Too much of a chance there. When we go grocery shopping, we have to read every label just to make sure the product is safe for me to eat.

(October 23, 2017 at 11:26 am)Whateverist Wrote: Well don't be conflicted about your choices.  Stay the course with the nonsmoking and when you feel ready to take on a little more deprivation start in on changing your eating habits.  You're doing great.

I have attempted to quit smoking dozens of times before. I was successful during two pregnancies, but picked the habit back up after some stressful life events. 

Every other time I have tried, I have failed because of stress and cravings. This time? Not a single craving and I've had so much stress due to (now solved) custody actions by Rob's ex, school starting for the kids, me quitting a job and other things just getting in the way. Through all that, I haven't even been tempted the teeniest bit to go back to smoking. I feel so free it's amazing. 

I believe that I am fully ready to tackle this next bad habit of mine and have called me doc and asked for an appointment with the dietitian. So I am really trying, it's just been a hard road so far because of breathing issues and now, knee issues.

I wish you luck in your efforts and I sympathize with the nut allergy as I have Celiac.
You've beaten smoking, I'm sure you can do the same with this next hurdle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by The Industrial Atheist - October 23, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3102 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1004 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 22413 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5255 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2523 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3786 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6524 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox