Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
(January 7, 2018 at 4:13 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(January 7, 2018 at 3:03 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Cool!
Care to share some of those Syrian recipes?  Smile
Sure! Syrians and Lebanese would consider this a staple. Like white beans and cornbread in the southern U.S:

Lentils and Rice. Mujadara. I substitute Brown Basmati or Texmati for the traditional white rice. Regular brown rice takes to long and the lentils get mushy. I also don't rely on rigid measurements so bear with me.

The key to the traditional flavor is how dark you cook the onion. Should be way past caramelized and nearly black. So, take three large white or yellow onions diced. Cook in olive oil until nearly black. Use nonstick cookware to reduce the amount of olive oil needed. Although it is very good with a lot of extra virgin olive oil.

In a soup pot , cook 2 cups lentils in 4 cups water or stock until all liquid is absorbed. Then add 2 cups Brown Basmati rice and 4 cups water with the blackened onions and bring to simmer. Stir while cooking and add extra liquid as needed. The 2-1 ratio of water to rice may not work as the lentils may absorb more liquid. Cook until rice is soft. Season with salt and pepper.

This is really good as a complete protein source and served with sliced vegies - cukes, tomato, peppers, olives.

(January 7, 2018 at 3:55 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: Gained back a few pounds 2 weeks ago..been having some weird extreme hungers from time to time. But I lost a little of it this week, I wish it were as easy to remove as it is to put on.

Good luck chimp! By my calculations we're close to the same weight.
6'2". Hoping to get to 196 for BMI recommendation.

I'm 5'11'' 225. I want to get down to mid 180's. If I could hang on to the muscle mass I built working out I could justify weighing more.

Once I meet that goal and I hope 22-23% BF maybe I'll build up my lean mass again and later lose weight some more to get down to %20 BF or lower.

But that second part is way off. If things go smoothly maybe I can do the first in a year and maybe 5-6 months.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by The Industrial Atheist - January 7, 2018 at 5:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3214 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1030 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 23326 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5612 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2619 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3822 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6591 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox