Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
(April 22, 2018 at 11:00 am)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: So I'm finally under 200 lbs. I'm about what I weighed Sophomore year in H.S. when the weight gain first started getting bad. Might be partially from whatever's making me sick
but I'll take it

Congratulations, I know how good that feels. Hey lets go out and celebrate. I'm buying the first round of sundaes!

(April 22, 2018 at 11:00 am)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: So I want go to maintenance calories for a while, hopefully I can gain back some lean mass. Except I don't know if I'm well enough to work out. Plus I can only get to a decent grocery store once a week and food will run out fast if I bump my calories now.

But 199.2 lbs Whooo! %3-4 Bodyfat and 24.2 pounds left to go!

I strongly recommend getting a stationary bike and using that for exercise for a while. I hadn't done any cardio challenging exercise in years, but by using the bike I've been able to get sweaty and go hard without doing my knees any harm. In fact I'm pretty sure it is strengthening my bum knee. Being older doing the weight lifting has been good too, and I've never lifted before.

How tall are you IA? Do you have a notion of what you'd like your ultimate weight to be? I'm just over 5' 11" now and my best guess of where I ought to end up is 175 lb. I'm still hovering around the high 180's in maintenance mode thanks to the exercise. And the exercise has given me a lot more energy too.

Edited because I just realized your target weight is also 175 lb. Where are you located anyhow? If we had the opportunity we should get a photo of us both at 175 some day.

(April 22, 2018 at 1:07 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(April 22, 2018 at 11:46 am)Hammy Wrote: Great job TIA!!! Big Grin

Happy for you!

And yeah, if anyone knows of any sugarless drinks without acid besides water and milk please let me know!

You can do it like Mooney and prepare your own cool drink with one of these:

[Image: Fruit-Infused-Water-Bottle.jpg]
(there's tons of different models, these are just for example)

I put out a big clear container with filtered water, ice and sliced meyer lemons at our annual party on Sunday.  It was all drunk.  I also made a big dispenser of unsweetened iced tea and there was a lot of wine between what I put out and what people brought.  I think people really appreciated having a cool drink on a warm day that didn't have calories.  

Funny but I find myself having to remember to drink water now.  I've always drunk a lot of water until recently, now I just don't feel the thirst that much directly.  Weird.

(April 22, 2018 at 5:45 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(April 22, 2018 at 1:07 pm)pocaracas Wrote: You can do it like Mooney and prepare your own cool drink with one of these:

[Image: Fruit-Infused-Water-Bottle.jpg]
(there's tons of different models, these are just for example)

Ummm... isn't there acid in fruit? I can't even have coffee anymore, lol. I'm pretty sure the acid in coffee isn't as bad as in fruit.

Sure, that would be much better than fruit juices. But my teeth are getting desperate at this point.

Some people like to put sliced cucumber in the water or mint or basil.  Not bad really.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by Whateverist - April 24, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3101 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1003 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 22410 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5255 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2523 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3785 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6523 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox