Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
(June 25, 2018 at 1:31 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(June 25, 2018 at 11:13 am)Joods Wrote: Officially scared now. At the doctor's office and I have been weighed. Not going to give out numbers, but with my one year anniversary of my quitting smoking approaching I am beginning to wonder if it was worth it. I looked at the scale and literally wanted to cry.

My eating habits have not changed for the worse.  My kids can tell you that.  I eat a normal amount of food and I stay away from junk so why the fuck am I still gaining weight? No one seems to be able to tell me a fucking thing so maybe I'll just stop eating all together.

Have you tried calorie counting for a few weeks just to see what your range is?

I usually fall short of 1000 calories per day. I am aware that this is a problem because if you don't eat enough you can gain weight from that. I'm just not very hungry most of the time.

(June 25, 2018 at 2:25 pm)Cathooloo Wrote: I don't lose weight unless I drastically cut carbs (10-15% of my total caloric intake) and increase protein (40-50%).  The remainder is healthy fats.  Other than that, drink lots of fluids, get plenty of fiber, and eliminate added sugar wherever possible.

Learn what your base caloric requirements are for your weight and cut 500-1000 calories per day for 1-2 lbs per week weight loss.  You'll need to adjust as you lose as your caloric requirements drop.

That's what's worked for me so far.  Other than that, I got nothing.

I don't suppose you have an opportunity to see a nutritionist?

I can see a nutritionist at the Bariatric clinic. They put me on 1200 calories per day and I struggle to meet that now as it is. 

Up until I quit smoking, I have never experienced this sort of problem before. And I'm frustrated because I don't have answers to what's wrong with me.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by Joods - June 25, 2018 at 2:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3099 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1001 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 22403 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5253 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2523 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3785 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6522 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox