Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
I just lost 15lbs in rehab hospital doing 3hrs physical therapy a day and eating small portion hospital food meals (for my gal bladder).

Does that make me a biggest loser? 😂

(July 31, 2018 at 10:40 pm)Cathooloo Wrote: @emjay

4 or 5 small meals a day, 1/4 or 1/5 of your daily kcal goal.  Eat breakfast, first thing in the morning.  One egg boiled or cooked with cooking spray and a piece of whole grain toast is plenty, or something else that has a balance of macronutrients.

Avoid excess sodium and sugar.   Soda and juice as well. Protein is filling and is better fuel for losing weight than carbohydrates.  Snack on raw vegetables.  Make sure you get sufficient fiber.

You get over the hunger eventually as your stomach shrinks.  Most of the time I eat less than half the calories than I did at my heaviest and I get hungry but it's no big deal when I've been actively dieting.

You can do this.

All solid advice. I just wanted to add that I just found out that it takes more calories to digest cold liquids vs hot! Weird huh? 

Also do you have any good snack tips for if someone gets the "munchies"? Smile

(July 31, 2018 at 8:29 pm)emjay Wrote: I just seem to keep putting it on now Sad; my appetite is pretty insatiable post quitting smoking... mainly for stuff like cereal, or other wet food. I suppose I could start drinking Pepsi again; I quit that before I quit the smoking, but what it did have in its favour is that, like smoking, it is an appetite suppressant. So I could just see it as the lesser of two evils and go back to it... it was, after all, very easy to give up in the first place... so stopping that if needed is not a big problem.

Aww way to go emjay! Last I heard from you, you had JUst quit! I'm proud of you for succeeding! 

Luckily cigarettes taste like shit after you've quit so long. Don't even bother, should you get triggered enough to want one. Waste of $5, that! Instead, get some fresh fruit from the produce fridge. It's just as fulfilling! Or cashews? Nuts? I like to challenge myself to see how long I can suck on a nut before I crunch it. 
I know, I'm weird. Tongue

Lastly, with regards to Pepsi.. is there no way for you to get one of those machines that makes the carbonation, and you add your own flavoring to it? Mixing flavors up helps me get massive amounts of water down. If I had a soda machine that would be awesome! And it's certainly better than Pepsi, is what I'm getting at.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by Mystical - August 1, 2018 at 2:14 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3226 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1038 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 23354 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5616 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2621 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3823 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6592 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox