Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
(January 10, 2019 at 10:53 pm)Cathooloo Wrote: Maybe so, maybe so.

I don't feel like shit now that I've taken some oxycodone.  I couldn't earlier because I had to pick up a roll of sheet vinyl floor.  Had to be there even if I didn't do the lifting.

Since getting home yesterday afternoon, I have managed to get down an entire 11oz protein shake and about 8 oz of other clear liquid.  A few ounces of coffee with half and half.  

Goal is 2oz of protein shake and 6-8oz of water (sugar free flavoring is allowed).

Weight loss is already apparent at the scale.

Hope your healing is fast and complete.

In observing others who have had this type of procedure I have noticed some things.

A friend had this done 15+ years ago.  She was extremely overweight and had other health issues.  At first it really seemed to work for her and the weight seemed to just fall off.  But, she wasn't committed to making life changes and eventually got to the point that she had stretched out the pouch and she began to pack on the weight again.  I recall going to lunch with her one day and her eating habits didn't seem to be much different from what they had been.  She really didn't follow the program and seemed to see it as a fix that would require little effort on her part.  The procedure ended up being a failure but not because of anything the medical staff did.  I am also sure that improvements have been made to how the procedure is done and also how follow up is done.

Our veterinarian had the procedure done a couple years ago (he was also our next door neighbor for three years).  It's kind of funny because I come from a family of big tall men so the vet didn't seem to be what I would call obese...he was just a tall, barrel-chested guy in my eyes.  Since we have a pack of critters we see him often.  He's like the incredible shrinking man.  Each time I have seen him there is less of him to see.  Because of my familiarity with big guys he almost looks unhealthy to me...I guess I haven't gotten used to the smaller version of him.  I will probably see him around the clinic in a couple weeks though we are scheduled with a partner.  It's obvious he has been following the changes in eating habits since having the surgery.

It's not a quick fix in the long term if you don't learn to alter your relationship with food...at least that's what I take away from my admittedly small study group.

Here's hoping you get the results you are hoping for and the procedure helps you kick start a new way of looking at the intake of nutrition.  I'm rooting for ya...for what it's worth.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by arewethereyet - January 12, 2019 at 7:52 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3160 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1013 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 22803 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5486 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2614 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3812 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6572 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox