Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
I wish I had kept some of my smaller clothes - but I wasn't about to keep them around for the last 15-20 years.

249.8 today. I cracked into territory I haven't seen in probably 20 years.

Also hit a few significant milestones. I'm less than 50 pounds to the 190s which for me would be a fine goal.

Also, I dropped below a BMI of 35 this week, which now puts me in Obese Class I (Moderately obese, BMI 30-35). I started at Obese Class V (Super Obese, BMI 50-60) though I was barely over the bottom threshold. Class VI is the highest (Hyper obese, BMI 60+)

I'm about 30 pounds from being merely overweight. My driver's license weight is 31 lbs over my current weight - that's a first. (TBH that weight was a lie to the other side when I recieved my license.)

I'm reaching protein goals and taking a double dose of biotin so I'm hoping my hair doesn't fall out. It grows back eventually, though. I still have to use protein supplements to get to 80 grams a day though.

Fatigue and nausea are still significant problems. I take an anti-emitic for the former former but there's not much that can be done about the latter as long as I'm on a starvation diet. Eventually I'll get up to 800-1200 calories a day and that will help.

Speaking of the diet -

Goal is 80 grams of protein (320 kcal), less than 50 gr of carbs (200 kcal), 48-64 oz of water and then fill out the rest with fat. High protein, low carb, and a moderate amount of fat. Counting protein, eating a lot of veg, and limiting everything else obviates the need for counting calories. It takes aspects from Atkins and keto diet, which is the general recommendation of this clinic, and is likewise modeled on wider recommendations.

4-6 meals / snacks of 100-200 calories each per day. I can eat a 1/4 to 1/3 of solid food at a sitting, and I'm supposed to take 20 minutes to eat it.

Little or no sugar, limited alcohol after three months (bariatric surgery makes you get hammered 2-3x faster. Anything that is either not completely digestible (e.g. corn) and foods that can dough up in the stomach (e.g. bread, pasta and other starches) to prevent blockages. Anyting containing more than a few grams of sugar or significant amounts of fat need to be shunned or avoided.

Bariatric multivitamin 1x per day, iron 1x day, calcium citrate 3x a day. The calcium cannot be taken with iron and must be taken at least 2 hours apart.

Daily exercise is necessary to avoid losing lean tissue.

In order to maintain success in the long run, all of the lifestyle and other changes recommendations have to be followed - for life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by Jackalope - January 31, 2019 at 11:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3168 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1015 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 22830 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5492 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2615 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3813 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6572 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox