Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
[Image: 2zz7k2.jpg]

[Image: 2zz8a5.jpg]

I lost about a stone (14 pounds) I now weight 175 or around that amount, I'm 5 ft 11.6.

Health, fitness, diets and losing weight has become a big interest of mine recently.

The weight I lost might not sound like much but I already had a pretty healthy diet previous to losing the weight.

I had a frustrating experience with a girl, a minor thing but I was angry as fuck at the time. Combined with two weeks off work and I decided to throw everything I had into losing fat and keeping muscle.

I used everything I've ever learned about weight loss all in one go.  Previously I'd be ok with one technique but be a bitch and go weak in other areas.  For example I'd do intermittent fasting but  have huge portions of food when I ate.  I'd have treat days but they'd be too often and would de motivate me instantly for long periods of time.  I'd ignore the sugar I was taking in the coffee I was drinking and whatever fruit juice I had and use coffee for the gym too much.  

This time I fasted, ate small healthy portions, had rest days to avoid injury, went on walks or light cardio at the gym on my rest days so I had something to do.  I tried the low sugar high fat style diet.  At the end of the first week I ate an apple and it tasted like a full carton of fruit juice had been poured in my mouth it was such a relief to taste sweetness.  I allowed the caffeine from green tea but not too much of it.  I even tried drinking a small amount of apple cider vinegar in the morning which I can assure you is as disgusting as it sounds.  

I also stuck to high intensity work outs. I still don't lift very heavy weight, I don't want to fuck my joints up. I've been taking CBD oil for that too.

When ate it was really just veg and meat, minor amounts of fruit here and there.  Turkey, broccoli, eggs, pinto beans, chick peas, avocado, sweet potato, porridge on some occasions. 

I completely gave up all types of rice, bread and I didn't drink fruit juice. 

The longest I fasted for was around 40 hours, allowing green tea and water but no food. I didn't feel bad for it just slightly weak.

I think I'm still losing weight or at least maintaining.

I allowed myself a treat day at the end of the month in the form of a date I went on with a girl to an all you can eat buffet.  

I massacred a lot of pizza, Chinese spring rolls, fried chicken, pork, rice.  And later I had all kinds of chocolate, cream and cake.  I didn't gain weight from this but then I did fast the day after and continued to eat healthy after the fast.
So I'm giving myself a cheat day once a month from now on, whichever Saturday is closest to the 27th of the month. 

Sorry for boring the shit out of anyone who actually managed to read all that.  I do recommend these things for weight loss though.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by paulpablo - May 2, 2019 at 11:20 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3187 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1026 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 23218 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5574 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2617 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3816 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6581 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox