Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
Completely forgot about this thread. I now weigh at 88 kg rest weight, or thereabouts. I stayed for a long time around 80 kg since growing up, got sick and in less than 3 months, literally gained 35 kg, stuffing my face. And wandered between 105 kg and 115 kg for years, sometimes the weight change was unhealthily fast.

I have tried a bunch of methods losing weight, dieting and counting calories. The short of the long story is, IMO, that the amount of effort in counting calories, even to the point of weighing food and scheduling meals, and all that jazz is unnecessarily overcomplicating weight management.

Now, until I get back down to around 80 kg (maybe 75 kg, haven't really decided yet, but one day at a time), I'll follow the same simple Intermittent Fasting method called the 16/8 IF method, which is fasting for 16 hours, and having normal meals for 8 hours. I'm basically just skipping 2 meals, without compensating for the 2 skipped meals. In the beginning, admittedly, I was hungry during the latter half of that fasting period each day for about a week. Around the 2nd week, maybe start of the 3rd week, can't really remember, I didn't get that hungry as I had adjusted to the quite simple routine of fasting for 16 hours each day. I still drink coffee and other stuff that don't contain (a lot of) calories.

I'm well aware this is not the best dieting method, but it is among the simplest to follow and, thusly, easier to adhere to. Also, Hugh Jackman popularized 16/8 IF, if you're looking for role models who have done it.

Besides, those diets which I consider "cheating", like the keto diet and variations on that theme, I think are unhealthy, and I'm not alone in thinking that.

7 diets you should NOT do:
https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/featu...-dangers#1

Keto ain't all that good:
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/k...afe-121914
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Messages In This Thread
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore - by Sal - November 2, 2020 at 8:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3110 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1005 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 22421 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5259 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2523 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3787 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6526 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox