Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesusism - Just Another First Century Mystery Cult
RE: Jesusism - Just Another First Century Mystery Cult
(October 19, 2017 at 10:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The source is R. Joseph Hoffman:

Quote:Hoffmann holds graduate degrees in theology from Harvard Divinity School and a PhD in Christian Origins from the University of Oxford. He began his teaching career at the University of Michigan as assistant professor of Near Eastern Studies, where he developed the undergraduate and graduate program in Christian origins. From 1991 to 1999, he was senior lecturer in New Testament and Church History at Westminster College, Oxford.

As you can see, he is not some apologist fucktard trying to save his happy horseshit from the ignominy it so richly deserves.

I'm well aware of Tekton Apologetics and that lying sack of shit, J. P. Holding so kindly go blow jesus out your ass.  I'll stick with Hoffman.

If the site of Tekton Apologetics is the one in error, then I'm sure you would not mind, if we looked back to the original source of this quote (Origin) and compared.
Other reviews seem to agree, that this translation of a translation is quite liberal, and adds quite a bit.

Now, what is important, is the facts... wouldn't you agree?  Claims of Authoriy, or popularity, nor ad hominem attacks don't really concern me.  What was it, that Origin recorded as to what Celsum said? If my sources where inaccurate, I want to know.  Wouldn't you want to know if the information you are spreading is false?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesusism - Just Another First Century Mystery Cult - by RoadRunner79 - October 19, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  9/11 a "day of destiny" for Germany in the 20th century Deesse23 0 309 November 9, 2018 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  What was the first thread or the first member on Atheistforums.org? Omnicidal 15 2719 January 9, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  The First Century Void Minimalist 232 61690 September 9, 2017 at 5:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The Millennium/21st Century Newtonscat 7 3363 January 20, 2015 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Newtonscat