Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excuse me bartender, can you spare me a game?
RE: Excuse me bartender, can you spare me a game?
(November 7, 2017 at 2:17 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 6, 2017 at 4:08 pm)FFaith Wrote: Not saying that the bar owner is not a moron, but he's just doing what you have said you want people to do, Brian. Put principle over profit. "Protest is more important than profit". You said yourself that there are things more important than profit when it comes to running a business, and it seems the bar owner agrees with you.

No, his right to be a moron is not the issue, he is simply FLAT OUT WRONG, and ignorant. 

Countless people even outside this website, not just the players, but SANE people, have repeatedly said the players doing this ARE NOT objecting to the Anthem, or shitting on the military. They are doing the right thing by pointing out inequity both in economics and in dealing with law enforcement. These were the same type of protests that went on during the 60s and 70s. 

These players who protest, ARE NOT bitching just to bitch, they are doing what Susan B did in trying to gain the right to vote, what Rosa Parks did in the 60s, what Harvy Milk did for gays. They don't hate America, they are protesting because they see a problem and want it addressed.

He has a right go be a FUCKING DICK, and I had I had the right to walk out. FYI JUST THIS MORNING, I ran into one of his employees at a gas station, who was JUST AS PISSED as I was and agreed with me.

Now, if that selfish fuck wants to be just about money alone, why the fuck would you cut the games knowing it helps draw people in on what is a slow day in resort town in the off season? 

He's just another ignorant FUCK. Does he have the right to be an ignorant fuck? YES, and I walked out because I will not support an IGNORANT FUCK.

Again, dipshits like that owner are always about bitching about taxes. GREAT, then he should be against the OWNERS blackmailing cities to get TAX PAYERS to fund free digs.

I will support the players, I will support minorities, and ALL labor. I am tired of assholes like him benefiting off society then shitting on the very people that do the bulk of the work and make morons like him rich.

I even said in the prior posts, because of this stupid logic, not only does he miss out on his own profits because of fewer people showing up. HIS WAIT STAFF, and BARTENDERS miss out on tips.

Not really a way to be a "job creator" if you have less people coming through the door. 

Morally he is an idiot, but even just on economics, he is also a fucking moron.

Yes he has a right to be a moron, and I had the right to walk out which I did.

I don't see the issue. Yes, people get less tips there. So what? The same thing is happening with the NFL. Fans/former fans are spending less money. I watched a report about a woman selling team merch, and way less people are buying now. That store owner is hurting because of the players, just like the bartenders at the bar you went to are hurting. I thought before you said that there are bigger things than money? Why talk about money now? Who cares if the bar owner is "wrong". He's not hurting people in any different way than the players are. The bar owner is not trying to take people's right's away. He's not protesting against marriage equality or Black Lives Matter, so he's simply peacefully protesting without really hurting anyone other than costing some tips (and those people can quit and work somewhere else if they like), and he caused you and others who might want to watch the game a little inconvenience. Big deal. He has no moral obligation to turn his TV to a bunch of grown men throwing a ball around to eachother. He's not some piece of crap just because he decided to change the TV channel. It's just a damn game. It may not be smart business wise, but that's his business and he can do what he wants with it. I'll start caring when he starts bashing gays or blacks and protests over that. Not playing a game at a bar though? I think you're just pissed that you were inconvenienced and didn't get to end up watching the game. That sucks but it's life.

Messages In This Thread
Excuse me bartender, can you spare me a game? - by Brian37 - November 5, 2017 at 7:29 pm
RE: Excuse me bartender, can you spare me a game? - by FFaith - November 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Sir, can you spare a win? Brian37 64 5807 December 22, 2019 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37