Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
I do not believe why I came here is important any more, what is important is that I've stayed even when I wanted to leave and I stay as I have said many times for those who visit but never join, I believe those are the people that are reachable. I'm not saying I believe those who are regular members are not reachable, only God knows this for certain. I'm sure most of you have noticed that I participate mostly in the Religion and Christian threads and I do so because that is where I find the relevant statements and/or questions that I feel are valuable to answer or defend. I did not come here to socialize I have to many other things outside of this forum to contend with, that said I have come to know people here that I could and would socialize with in my everyday life and then there are those I would reject in a heart beat, I reject those who are biased and bigoted in my world, yes even some Christians. I'm one who doesn't like nor participate in running down others because of their skin color, beliefs or anything else that might differ from what I believe, I do not have to like what others think to know they have rights as human beings. I do have strong opinions on moral life styles and as you all know I will state them.

I did come here to try and show others that what they think they know is in fact not real and that reality isn't by necessity something you can see and touch. I came in the hopes of changing the minds of those who participate as members here. I soon found that was a mission I set for myself and not what God had in mind. I will say that if anything I've said has caused someone to question non-belief then I'm happy about that and hope it will lead somewhere, but as I've said that is God's part, he calls and He is the One who has to answer, I can't speak for Him in His seeking a relationship with someone else.  

I've found that so many here will make a mockery of Christianity without even understanding it's place in the world and what good it has contributed to the world, yes Christians have done many wrong things in the name of God and as Jesus has said, there will be those who will come before Me and I will reject them even though they did things in MY name, He means they did things for themselves and not to promote and represent Him as the Savior. I can honestly say I've struggled with self and I know it is something I will have to deal with till I die, but I realize this and try with God's help to over come this thing that I do not need in my life. Self is the original sin and it is the one that first comes to light in our lives first and it is the one that condemns us all until we recognize it and repent for the acceptance of God.

I think everyone who has been here for a while knows I do not like to play games in discussions, I dislike "what ifs" because they for certain are not real and reality is what I believe is important to come to an understanding of anything. Yes I do see questioning things as important and most of the atheist here believe I never question and they couldn't be more wrong, I've questioned God on things because of my lack of understanding, I've questioned Christians because of their lack of understanding/knowledge and I expect atheist to have little understanding of God and want to share that with them in a civil way, some want allow such conversation and I only deal with their statements because I believe that there is something important that those who are peeking in can gain from it.

I have come to see most atheist in a different light than what I presumed before I came here, some have lived up to why preconceived thoughts and I find that sad because it really doesn't have to be that way, I actually would like to be able and have civil, understanding and intelligent conversation with all who are here. But that isn't reality and I accept that. 

What I really did not count on was all the differing opinions of other Christians, but the common ground we stand on is truly what matters and our differences in the little things should never divide us. I have called out so called Christians and would do it again to stop falsehoods about God and Christianity. I have strong beliefs about foundational doctrine and will not compromise it nor tolerate it, it's much too important that foundational truths be preserved as God intended.

The one thing I would like everyone here to know is that I have a Christian love for them even those who it seems I can not have good conversations with and I want you to know that I am here now because for me it's important in my Christian love to tell people there is always hope in God.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Godscreated - May 4, 2018 at 1:33 am