Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
I know what a Christian's role is supposed to be here and abroad. But speaking in regard to myself, and I'm sure it's obvious to everyone who's read my posts, the way I behave, I fall far behind in measuring up to being a true Christian. Professing to believe in God and believing that Jesus Christ is His Son is only half of the equation and a half way Christian isn't enough. Professing faith and practicing faith go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. That's where I'm at in my current state, in the same hand basket with the unbelievers. Anyway, I joined the forum in November of 2009. I used to be a member of another atheist discussion forum, Atheist Nation (?), but it no longer exists. I came to AF to discuss politics and current news events. I not only believe the Christian faith but I'm also politically and socially conservative. Bad combination here! All of that aside I thought this was a pretty good idea to have a sub forum where Christians and "in laws to the Church" could discuss related topics to the faith without the ridicule and harassment that it would bring from some of the more obnoxious members here. Some of the topics that I would like to see considered for discussion in this sub forum would be, "Can a Christian be perfect? After all, Jesus said, Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in Heaven is perfect." Or, "What are your thoughts on the Godhead? Is God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Ghost one in the same or are they separate but co equal?" "Pre millennialism or Post millennialism?" "Was the U.S. culturally a Christian nation?" "What does God expect of a Christian?" "Are there other ways besides Jesus that will get a person into Heaven?"....these are some of the things that I'd like to see discussed among ourselves. Let's see where it goes.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by A Theist - May 4, 2018 at 5:35 pm