Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
So, I guess I'll go ahead and make my post for today. I was hoping to wait for at least Neo to comment so I'd have more to go on, but he hasn't yet so I'm going to put this up now before it gets late. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses and have a brief follow up response to each:

GC - You said this: "I came in the hopes of changing the minds of those who participate as members here. I soon found that was a mission I set for myself and not what God had in mind." Why have you come to the conclusion that God does not have this in mind? And if it is true that He doesn't, what is your motivation for continuing to stay here?

Alpha - You posted 2 bible verses to basically say that there's only so much you can evangelize here before it becomes like beating a dead horse. Since there are always people here coming and going, and since you never know what new person may be lurking the forums, do you think it might justify you staying, since your audience is always changing?

Drich - You said this: "So my 'job' here is not to save any of you, but to straighten out the bull crap you tell yourself is Christianity." Do you think you've been successful in clearing up a lot of misconceptions about Christianity? And why do you think it is important to set the record straight about Christianity if the motivation behind it isn't to "save" anyone?

A Theist - I love the saying "Preach the Gospels always. When necessary, use words." It emphasizes that actions are crucial in spreading God's message. If you feel you haven't been setting a good example here, have you thought about how you can improve in that area? Also curious, why pick an atheist site to discuss politics and current affairs?

One last note: Once we are pretty much done discussing our roles here, I'd be open for discussing the questions put forth by A Theist. And I'm in favor of Vulcan's idea to take questions from other AF members and answer them here.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Catholic_Lady - May 4, 2018 at 11:16 pm