Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
@ GC, Drich, and AM. I believe I would be thanking God today for a door He has opened. You guys mentioned various things in your responses about why you joined an atheist forum. One of the things mentioned was that each of you wanted to share the Gospel and to somehow plant a seed only to be told that your efforts were fruitless and that you were basically wasting your time with the atheist members on this forum and that the ground was too hard to receive the sower's seed. There was a bit of truth in that response but not altogether if you know what to look for. There's a parallel thread where members are commenting and offering their opinions on what they saw of our responses on this thread. If you haven't read through that thread already there's a few atheist members who have expressed some respect for your honesty in opening up about yourselves and some have said that they have a better insight of you all and that they basically harbor no ill feelings toward you. Of course not all felt that way, but still, you'd be surprised who all said they respected your honesty. Not glowing appraisals, but decent...and that's at least something. On another note, Jesus sent His disciples out to preach the Gospel and told them that He was sending them out as sheep among the wolves. He said that they would be persecuted, delivered up to magistrates to be judged. Some would be falsely accused, beaten, imprisoned, and put to death, and hated of all nations for His name's sake. Jesus Himself was falsely accused, tried and beaten, and then crucified. Stephen was stoned to death for his preaching of Jesus. The Apostle Paul, according to accounts, was beheaded. Peter, according to accounts, was crucified upside down, not to mention how he and Paul and other disciples were imprisoned and persecuted throughout the Book Of Acts. Jesus said to rejoice and be exceeding glad for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you. So why are we complaining about the name calling here on the forum? How is that anything to compare with the real persecutions that Christians before us had to endure? If Christians today can't take a little name calling how will they stand when the real trials come? In another place God said to be strong and to be of good courage, have I not commanded you? Keep in mind, we're on an atheist forum. Was any of us actually expecting that this was going to be smooth sailing without getting a bloody nose along the way? You don't need me to tell you that these things are to be expected....and the name calling from some, no big deal.

@Neo...why are you here? What did you expect your role to be? What did you expect to accomplish here since you said the ground was too hard to receive the Sower's seed? Just out of curiosity. It's not an attack.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by A Theist - May 6, 2018 at 11:50 am