Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
Well I've read the posts after mine and I would say if you Neo and alpha male are not seeing yourselves as useful in God's work by being here then why are you still here and CL I understand this is a diversion for you from a past event, but doing the work God has for you in the church body would do the same thing and be productive in the Kingdom's work. I'm not advocating any of you leave, I would miss you it seems we've become a small family here, in a loose sense. I think the three of you need to re-evaluate and figure out where your time is best spent for God, this is suppose to be our life's mission. I see myself and I believe that Drich feels the same, we are here because God has His reasons for it. A little note as to why I believe this, when I started a a new church many years ago I had never served in a responsible role. Well within a year I was elected to a role, one that had me doing maintenance work for the church, then came a request to be the youth leader and six months later was asked to be considered to become a deacon. The first one was okay with me because it did not really have to do with working with people in a spiritual sense, the second I agreed to in a temporary role and the third I did not want to do at all, but could not disqualify myself for a biblical reason and agreed. I can tell you this, the two later ones meant everything to me in the end, they are exactly why I grew into the Christian I am now and would not trade those experiences for the world. Also being under the pastor I was guided me into deep Bible study and prayer on a level I could have not imagined before joining this church. 

Now why have I given this info to you, because by the time I  was serving my second term as a deacon the church considered me as an evangelist because of my influence outside the church and the people who came to our church because I was being what God wanted me to be. I worked in construction and if you do not know the people in the trades are rougher and more crude than anyone you will meet here. Did they express their disdain for my Christian walk no, but they gave no leeway either. I worked in the grounds that you guys would consider fruitless yet fruit came from it. If it had been only one then God was glorified and if that were all the fruit that came through God's work in me that would have been enough, why, because if every Christian had the same result the church would double in one generation. Please I ask no one to see me in the light of GC is bragging, everything that has been done spiritually in my life has been God's work, only my willingness to have God working through me might be contributed to me. I'm also not saying that any Christian here has had less accomplished through them, I suspect that I'm the least here among us.

Here is what I'm trying to say, the non-fertile ground surrounds every individual at some point in our lives, to say that an entire community as AF is non-fertile is to judge without knowing every individual. We were not called to judge the people of the world, we were called to give all the hope of not having to face God in an eternal judgement of damnation, for He is the only judge of the heart. I know I've said that I believe there's little hope for the regular atheist members here, but that is a belief and not a certainty. Jonah was certain that the people of Nineveh were not worth wasting his time over, however God showed him and us that we are not to judge whom God sends us to or why. Then of coarse there's Abraham who though that the people of the plains were worth saving and God showed him different and us. We should take from these two men that it isn't what the human mind reasons but the will of God that is correct and important. 

I'm here for the as CL calls them the lurkers, they may be atheist or Christians, but both have questions or they wouldn't be looking, they would either join or leave and if only one of them is reachable because of what God does through me then that is great and God not me is glorified. CL I put you in with the other two because you seem to think of this place as more of a fun house than the serious work of God and if I'm wrong I apologize. My whole point is this, if you are not here allowing God to work through you then you might need to ask Him where best can I serve. A Theist you state that you are full of questions and I hope you can receive the answers you need and I will be glad to be a part of that process, if that's what God desires. As for what I need to look for I try and allow God to show me, but if I never know the results of my time here that's fine because God knows what He will accomplish in/from this place and if that means someone will be dancing on God's great dance floor how is it that I could think my time as wasted. I've actually been told my time here is of value and that has come from an atheist and I believe it was God's work. To all the Christians here we need to value what God has given us and share it, if we don't then what value do those things we were blessed with have. Could say this is related to the talents given to the servants and what the results were from the one who was bold and stepped out front to the one who was afraid and accomplished nothing. Do what you know in your hearts you are to be doing for God and leave the results to Him, whether it's here or some other place. God bless each of you.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Godscreated - May 7, 2018 at 1:32 am