Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
@GC:

I explained why I'm still here: bad habit. If someone can convince me that there's more to it than that, I'll consider staying. Otherwise, I'm leaving when this thread concludes. 

A feeling that God's will has a person in a particular situation is fine, unless that feeling contradicts Scripture. If it does, it's the person's desire, not God's will, which is at work. In this case, I've given clear Biblical instructions on the situation. If someone can refute those with other Scripture, I'm all ears - I'd like to stay. Bad habits are habits because they're comfortable. Breaking them takes you out of your comfort zone.

In a general sense, yes, we were called to give hope to all. But as noted, we're specifically told not to waste our time on people who will not hear our words. That instruction was given regarding cities. Do you think every single person came out to hear, and then rejected? I doubt it. Yet, they're not told to search out each and every person in that city. They were told to shake the dust off their feet and move on. 

I agree that the will of God should trump human reason. You say that, yet you reason away the clear Scriptures I've given. 

I've said the same thing about lurkers in the past. I haven't seen any evidence of them. And, Jesus didn't say continue casting your pearls before swine for the benefit of third parties who may overhear you. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by John V - May 7, 2018 at 7:19 am