Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
Now that we've made our initial introductions and follow up responses, anyone up for discussing another topic? In my intro I mentioned a few questions that I would like to pose to the group for discussion once we got our first topic of out of the way. I think we made our points about how we felt and why we are here and I believe the topic has run its course lest we get caught up in a continuous and nowhere back and forth with other AF members about who's more right and who's more wrong, or which members mistreated the other members the most. 

Just because I don't put my beliefs into practice anymore doesn't mean I don't like discussing the Bible and discussing our view points on different topics related to the Christian faith. 

So, my first question, if anyone's interested:

Can Christians be perfect? After all, Jesus said, Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in Heaven is perfect. In Revelations the church of Sardis was warned, Be watchful and strengthen the things which remain and are ready to die, for I have not found your works to be perfect before God.

Is it really possible for Christians to attain that perfection which Jesus expects from everyone who follows Him? If not, then why would Jesus lay such a heavy demand on Christians that's impossible to attain?

Thoughts? Ideas?

Just something a little extra for inspiration:
The choir in this Church Of God is amazing. An old Hymn sung with great conviction and it's all done without musical instruments.

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by A Theist - May 8, 2018 at 12:06 pm