Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
(May 9, 2018 at 9:55 am)Tiberius Wrote: Let's try and keep this debate on topic please. The topic of the debate is "our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums". I can't see how a side-discussion on "Can Christians be perfect?" is in any way relevant to the topic.

Is answering the question or concerns of a Christian something that's inappropriate as a role for Christians here Tiberius. Is our role only to answer the questions of the unbelieving and have a social life here, Neo. I was thinking by answering a Christian's question we were demonstrating one of the roles Christians can have on this forum. It also shows that we need a civil place to do so, so that we can help someone outside of the non-belief of atheism without being distracted from something we might consider important. If this question had come up in an open thread there would be those who would mock, joke and ridicule, just because they can and enjoy doing so and Tiberius you know this to be true. I really believe this is a role for Christians here, some would say take it to a Christian forum and I  say why, we are here and have been invited here. I honestly do not want to or see that Christians are trying to manipulate this forum, we are trying to give examples of our role and would like to be able to do so work in those roles without purposeful distractions to derail something everyone might learn from. Most of the time one or two Christians are involved in any one thread, the rest usually stay away from the discussions within said thread so we want be a distraction, our politeness is not a weakness nor a disinterest in the thread, it is respect for those involved.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Godscreated - May 10, 2018 at 12:03 am