Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
@AT

What I'm saying is I am here to correct. not here to push a person through the step of salvation and declare anyone saved. My belief is only Jesus Can declare someone saved. We honestly do not even have the right to say we are saved because of this church or that ritual.. Salvation is a matter of the grace and atonement purchased by Christ and can only be dispensed by christ. Which makes all other efforts moot. So again I do not spend time trying to 'win sould' in that for or fashion.

My hope is that if I provide people with the truth/enough truth it may allow them the freedom to have a change of heart and allow them to "grow from the seeds of truth I broadcast." So that Christ may identify them as being "saved." There is no denominational right of passage or ritual I am asking anyone to participate in. only provide people with answers as they ask questions.

Neo:
you are 1000% correct matter of fact (on 1/2 the matter) I was going to provide the same type of response to steve II not as a rebuke but as a reminder that we must look for a way to both have the freedom to 'take the gloves off and form a whip to chase the devils out of our temples, as Jesus did! But at the same time show the due respect and love call for in the passages steveII left behind for us to consider.

It's not one or the other as Jesus Himself demonstrated we must be able to do both light into someone and yet retain love and respect for the person. For example Jesus out right blasted his disciples for being foolish or dumb for not understanding a parable or concept or for infighting over stupid stuff, there was a point many left him. Then he was So disrespectful to the pharisees and sadducees they Literally had Him killed over what he said and did to shine the light of truth on them. Jesus literally pushed the entire Jewish religious hierarchy into Murder, by simply disrespecting their pride.

And that's the key. That is how Jesus could on one hand insult, and damn the pharasiees for being snakes hypocrites and fools and at the same time show nicodemus mercy enough (a prominate pharisee) enough compassion to spell out the coming salvation...

In that Jesus never sought to destroy the individual (send a person to Hell be with holding the love of God) Jesus very carefully/surgically attacks a person's sin (which more often than not is Pride) Pride that demanded the leadership of the temple to murder Christ, despite all of the miracles they saw him preform, despite questioning Him and only getting the answers God could give. Jesus through his love harps on things that hurt their pride over and over and over again. Why? it is a form of conviction If a proud person masks his pride behind his title or role in the church, then by exposing this pride and keep it from running and hiding.. That person's pride will demand that person do anything to make the spot light leave them even justify murder in this case, or some other great sin that even a deluded person could not deny... however if they do deny then they are beyond help... if they do not and seek truth like nicodemus did then he is the one to help and not waist time on the chaff

In Jesus' efforts of pride bashing Jesus sifted the whole lot of Jewish temple officials and found one who was willing to answer his call.

So when nicodemus demanded a night meeting Jesus made himself avaible. This is where the love SteveII passage comes in. Jesus held nothing back. He gave nicodemus the full truth and even broke it down in depth. In effect Jesus was tilling the soil to see where to cast his seed..

So when we see seeming conflicting passages like the love and servitude we are to show our enmy's and the out right blasting of the people we would assume was Jesus' enmey's we are not allowed to pick and choose which one to believe and ignore the other. We must find how both passages can be true at the same time. Then we must try and to incorperate that teaching into our lives.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Drich - May 10, 2018 at 11:20 am