Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
My response will echo the two above me, the Bible is and has always been a spiritual book intended for the spiritual understanding of God. If people want to look for science, history, geography or anything else explaining the workings of this physical world they are going to be disappointed. If they believe they can figure out what the talking serpent looks like, how an ax head floated on water, how Jesus walked on water, a donkey talked, a mysterious hand wrote on a wall, four people survived a burning furnace or any of the other supernatural things recorded in the Bible they will be disappointed. These things were not understood then but revealed to man through the Holy Spirit and if you will notice they did not ask God to explain these things they accepted them as truth. We are speaking about many writers of the scriptures and not one of them asked why, these writers came from different times and ages, you would think one would have asked God why, so why didn't they. They knew where the information was coming and trusted it to be the truth of God.
 What good would it have done for God to explain to them about gravity, none, that kind of information was useless to them, they understood if a person jumps from a roof they are going to hit the ground below them. What good would it have done for God to explain the speed of light to them, they would not have understood and it would have no value to them. Like us they understood that when a fire was started the light was instantaneous, I know when I flip on a light switch I never consider the speed of light nor do I in my everyday life and why should I. Though I know about it it serves no real purpose for my life style and it certainly would not have served a purpose in their lives. During their time what good would it have done for God to explain to them about atmospheric pressure, none. Even without knowing this they compensated for it with balance beam scales for weighing things accurately. God didn't teach man about math, we soon enough began to correlate that distant and angles could help us build things and man had no problem with understanding what level meant to keep buildings up and plumb is just another level. it was God's intent for man to discover much of these things for himself, it is why we were given the brain we have.
 Now is there an instance in scripture where god revealed something to a writer in the Bible that man did not know nor did man know until the telescope was invented. Yes he did. God told Abraham that his descendants would be as innumerable as the stars. We all know that only 6000 to 7000 stars can be seen in the night sky with only the human eye observing. We also know that the ancient people knew much about the night sky and would have know the number of visible stars. The visible stars are numerable so Abraham must have known God was speaking of the unseen stars as He was speaking of Abraham's unseen descendants, why do I say this, because the wise Abraham did not question God about the stars being numerable as He did not question God about having a child at his great age, faith is what Abraham had and it was credited to him as righteousness. So now we come full circle about this question, even when God told the writer about the innumerable stars it wasn't questioned but accepted in a spiritual way. The book is a spiritual message of God's work to redeem mankind and how to live in the best relationship we can with Him.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Godscreated - May 19, 2018 at 12:40 am