Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums
My literal experience is a little backwards than most. in that I experienced God and then was exposed to the bible which vetted my experiences.

My experiences with angels... was the show with michael landon in it.. I got a bum who I thought was going to rob me because he was huge and came out of nowhere. Then we I found this passage in hebrews:
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Years after the fact.. when I came across this brought me to my knees.

When I got to visit Hell my only experience was dante's inferno or rather the simpsons version of it. Hell was a pit Hell fire had nothing to do with the chemical process we named fire. Hell fire is simply the consumption of the spirit by this absence of creation, it creates the same guttural instinctive reaction as if one were on fire, if one were to be consumed by fire.. my being was burned up my soul my consciousness was so tormented I the part that is me was consumed or just befor it was I was pulled out. I also got the feeling the long it takes for us to exalt God and repent in Hell the longer this experience will last.

Then over the years I started to study my bible and even Hell specifically and I wuld find small descriptions here and there all of which pointed to my experience rather than what the church tells us about dante's inferno.

This type of thing has gone on for 20+ years now.

even with your questions I am given an answer then I read and can vet my given answer on page with out any mental gymnastics or pulling verses from 10 different places and putting all of them together. Evolution creationism was a good example of that. I had a complete answer in like 15 mins and it has changed very little since my first putting pen to page..

So then I ask how can old men who lived so long ago predict what I experience and then write it all down so that I may verify thousands of years later?

It's been said billions would have to have all lied I say trillions would have to all be liars, in the things they saw and witnessed for themselves. to the point of martyrdom. Not I'm going to kill myself and take you with me BS, But I will stand here for the sake of what I KNOW it beyond truth while you light me on fire, nail me upside down on a cross feed me to the lions shoot me and my family.. People despite what you think are not stupid. if there were doubt people would not endure, and for that fact many don't endure, but on the other hand millions do. Why? because like me they have seen the face of Christ (maybe not as I in judgement) but the Holy Spirit which is promised to all of us. meaning all of us have the ability to have a prophet level relationship with God. Meaning you talk to God... God answers you.

That is why this religion has lasted over the years despite who is incharge of the world. You just have to have the correct picture of God you have to build your faith/works/house on the real bible based God. Not some hokey religion with grandpa deitys who grant wishes for good deeds who judges everyone by 'morality.'

You ask would it not be more plausible for a bunch of old men to just have written all of this down.. that has happened several times in our religious past. Islam scientology and mormonism are good examples. all of which put many many layers between God and the people meaning unless your special God does not talk with you.

Now contrast that with the Promise by Jesus Himself to give us the gift of the Holy Spirit rather to make each of us a prophet to put each one of us in contact with God. Now how can a religion afford to do that and not have it pay out over a 2000 year period enough times to keep it all going?

When man makes religion he hides God and grants only a few access to keep continuity stable.

Here We all have equal access and still tell the same story we all have the same account of the gospel. now granted some of us want music with our gospel and other do not while other still want to serve grape juice while other want wine... all point of meaningless bickering and nothing more as all knees in this religion all head bow and declare Christ our lord despite how much we think our members should put in the plate or whether the bread should come first or the money to see which bread and wine to put out.

Millions/billions of indivisuals each with a unique perspective can come to God in about 25K different ways and still sing and praise one God.

Bet thor could have that happen... ISlam the next biggest man made mess in line does not have that happen. ask the Sunni who the Shea worship and vice versa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our role(s) as Christians on Atheist Forums - by Drich - May 22, 2018 at 2:53 pm