Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you?
RE: I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you?
(December 5, 2018 at 1:09 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(December 5, 2018 at 12:01 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Bush and Obama were both bad with financial matters. 
One half of that statement is true, lol.

Quote:When Clinton left office we had a financial surplus, not we're fighting over $20 trillion in debt.  But then again, Clinton was a big of a scrooge sometimes. I was in the U.S. Army during his presidency, and we were always stuck using outdated equipment because they wouldn't fund the supplies we needed.  I can't count the times we had to patch the same five-ton tire because they wouldn't send us a new one.  Remember dot matrix printers with two-tone paper?  That's mostly what I had to use when we weren't deployed, but more times than not we were writing things out with pens and pencils.
Feel ya there.  We were still using alot of the same garbage in Bush the Dumbers years.  Strange, considering the disparity in deployment.  I can understand pinching pennies when you're doing low level regime change and world policing.  You'd think you'd want to buy good shit and get it out there before you launch a couple of wars of foreign adventurism.  

It was kay, though...because we used our garbage pay to buy our own gear...so that our lives were being trusted to something that costs more than 89.31 on a supply summary, we just used those as pillows.  I mean, my life is worth -at least- a few hundred more than that!  Wink

Then there was my -beautiful- hatchet.  Much more useful than a bayonet or that silly folding shovel.  Plus, it scared the piss out of the locals.

We were still using Brads, too.  I never got to play with one of those fuckin LAVs.  

I absolutely can't complain about my 249, though..or the PVS14 on top.  Balla.....balla.......balla.  

Hooah!

Nothing wrong with a hatchet. Those shovels though, had some good uses.  There are certain places you need them, not so much for grenade sumps and trenches, but rather for burying your waste.  Not only can people track you, but animals can as well, and many will.  I was 1-AD and we had boars that would chase people up on to the M1A1s.  I don't want things tracking me when I have to sleep in a tent or on the ground.

I remember the Brads, but we didn't have them.  Mostly M1s and mortar carriers.  Loved the M1s, especially in the winter. Just stand behind one while it's running and you've got the world's greatest heater.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? - by T0 Th3 M4X - December 5, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2341 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1621 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2156 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1008 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 845 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 1936 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The WLB Effect Is Starting To Take Hold Minimalist 0 589 July 6, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's What You Get For Working For The WLB Minimalist 1 737 June 22, 2017 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  That's What You Get For Voting For Him, Assholes Minimalist 9 3003 May 24, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I think I'm starting to recognize the real issue with American politics now NuclearEnergy 24 5429 January 15, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris