Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent
Being a caregiver for someone in their last stages of life has to be the hardest thing we ever find ourselves doing.

Be sure to take care of yourself along the way as it is often more taxing than we realize. Eat well, rest when you can, and be sure to take a mental break now and then.

I am sorry you are having to go through this. Though not always with him due to geography I was often the advocate for my dad in his last few months. My sister was overwhelmed and my brother was in denial of how serious things were. I have to give a ton of credit to dad's lady friend who was there with and for him to the very end. She's an amazing woman and we were lucky she was in dad's life.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by Shell B - June 19, 2019 at 1:45 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by arewethereyet - June 19, 2019 at 3:10 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by Shell B - June 19, 2019 at 3:27 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by Shell B - June 19, 2019 at 3:48 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by brewer - June 19, 2019 at 4:29 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by Shell B - June 19, 2019 at 4:49 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by brewer - June 19, 2019 at 10:15 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by Shell B - June 19, 2019 at 10:33 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by SteelCurtain - June 19, 2019 at 10:40 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by The Valkyrie - June 19, 2019 at 10:51 pm
RE: Ask a Caregiver for a Dying Parent - by Shell B - June 20, 2019 at 10:06 am