Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion and Human Rights
RE: Religion and Human Rights
I think there's probably some link between the very early ideas of human rights and a religious idea that all human life is sacred.
I imagine in ancient times the begining of a lot of concepts started from a religious view point because I'd guess politics was even more closely related to religion than It is now.

Religion would have been, and still is an inhibiting force though. In terms of human rights for people who aren't straight mainstream religion has been inhibiting, especially in Islamic culture.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
Religion and Human Rights - by Kurtchen - September 20, 2019 at 9:57 pm
RE: Religion and Human Rights - by Macoleco - September 20, 2019 at 10:16 pm
RE: Religion and Human Rights - by Fireball - September 20, 2019 at 11:06 pm
RE: Religion and Human Rights - by Fake Messiah - September 20, 2019 at 11:17 pm
RE: Religion and Human Rights - by paulpablo - September 21, 2019 at 2:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supporters of the Civil Rights Movement. Brian37 1 688 January 27, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear