Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone of you do bodybuilding , weightlifting , powerlifting etc?
RE: Does anyone of you do bodybuilding , weightlifting , powerlifting etc?
I'm currently doing Insanity by Beachbody. It's a HIIT Cardio program... definitely not easy and I'm often tempted to skip days here and there. But I refuse to, because it helped me lose over 100 lbs. in a relatively short amount of time and I plan to lose about 30 more pounds, even though I probably don't need to. I basically just want to cut at this point and get the six-pack and become a little more defined.

Despite the stigma around a lot of the "As Seen On TV" workout programs, Insanity, along with P90X, are legitimately high quality workout programs, in my opinion. They can do a lot for you, along with proper diet, if you're lost and sort of don't know where to start when it comes to fitness. I absolutely refused to go to a gym, mostly because weight-lifting just doesn't interest me. I'm muscular now, but not bulky, and never had an interest in being bulky. Some of those guys just look silly, IMO, but to each their own.

Outside of that, I take Brazilian Jiu-jitsu classes at a local school. That is probably my favorite part of my fitness regimen. For me, it's more fun than "working out," though I leave every class beat to hell.

It's awesome.

edit:

I also do push ups first thing in the morning, then go for a long walk. Though the push ups and the walk are more a routine than for fitness. It's a way to sort of stay disciplined and let my brain know that the day is starting.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone of you do bodybuilding , weightlifting , powerlifting etc? - by EgoDeath - October 28, 2019 at 11:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  powerlifting rsb 25 4767 May 19, 2014 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72