Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone of you do bodybuilding , weightlifting , powerlifting etc?
RE: Does anyone of you do bodybuilding , weightlifting , powerlifting etc?
(October 29, 2019 at 9:56 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: To the OP. You can bench press whatever you like as often as you like, but in a few short years you will be fucked and wondering what you did with your life beyond bench presses. Not a great legacy.

But have at it. Not my problem if you choose to lead a vacuous life.

Heh.  That's actually why I started switching to swimming for my workout.  Lifting weights gave me shoulder bursitis.  At first, it was pretty mild and I just thought I could work through it; I was wrong and after a couple weeks, my right arm was just a big, useless lump, hanging off the side of my body.  It's feeling mostly better now, but once in a while, it still starts to get tight or hurt a little.  I suppose I could get away with doing some weight lifting, but I want that shoulder to really recover before I get back to it.  Unfortunately for me, joint injuries are notorious for healing slowly; I'm doing an MRI tomorrow to see what we can find out about my shoulder and depending on what it says, I might wind up getting a pain injection.  For now, my workout is mostly elliptical, crunches and swimming.  Those are low impact exercises that don't seem to be a problem for my shoulder.  Swimming gives me a good upper body workout without making my shoulder flare up.  I want to stick with the swimming even when/if I get my shoulder under control.

But.... if we're talking about pain, I was in a LOT more pain pre weight loss.  Chronic chest pains were alarming in themselves, but joint pains in my knees and even my allergies were acting up worse.  The pains that come from getting in shape are a lot easier for me to deal with than the pains from being fat and lazy.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone of you do bodybuilding , weightlifting , powerlifting etc? - by TaraJo - October 30, 2019 at 12:07 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  powerlifting rsb 25 4767 May 19, 2014 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72