Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone of you do bodybuilding , weightlifting , powerlifting etc?
RE: Does anyone of you do bodybuilding , weightlifting , powerlifting etc?
(October 29, 2019 at 9:56 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: To the OP. You can bench press whatever you like as often as you like, but in a few short years you will be fucked and wondering what you did with your life beyond bench presses. Not a great legacy.

But have at it. Not my problem if you choose to lead a vacuous life.

This is an incredible comment. It's something my dad would say, based on the false beliefs about weight training that were common in the middle of the last century.

The people who are really fucked are the ones who aren't exercising as younger and as older men (and women). Weight training—done right—strengthens the muscles (including the bones, which is very important for older people), makes you more resistant to injury, strengthens the cardio-vascular system, and even has been shown to help prevent arthritis, diabetes and depression.

(October 27, 2019 at 8:21 am)I believe in Harry Potter Wrote: What is it like? How about diet?  Hungry Stats? Pics? Age?  What is your biggest goal? Why are you lifting and what got you into it to begin with? How about your inspirations? And if you do workout what do you do other than working out? How about School , work etc, let's meet each other since im new to this forum. Tell us a bit about you. Id love to hear.

I'm a former and future certified fitness trainer, former wannabe powerlifter and former lardass.

My current goal is to lose what fat I have left (I've lost 50 lbs thus far—I have about 20-30 to go), get certified again, and open a small personal training studio. I might compete in all-natural, raw powerlifting one day. I doubt if I'd win, but I'd love to test my mettle. Plus it gives me a goal to work towards.
Atheism is boring 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone of you do bodybuilding , weightlifting , powerlifting etc? - by James_Smith - November 9, 2019 at 2:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  powerlifting rsb 25 4787 May 19, 2014 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72