Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we also talk about the pleasures of good wine?
RE: Can we also talk about the pleasures of good wine?
That's too bad. I hope it's still in operation with whomever it was sold to.

They do really well running from the back to the door on the north wall. High single cordon. The yield under cover is insane...but the flavor is uninteresting - just sweet. I've been told that planting the root in soil outside the wall, and training the vines in through a collar...would solve this problem. Best of both worlds. Still only makes sense when you don't have alot of grapes, and you need to keep every one alive and producing at their fullest.

Winter injury is a big problem here in the bluegrass. Then we've got the usual pests and disease, and the usual customers concerned about products used to control those. If you're trying to grow european varieties, especially heirlooms....for a discerning customer..you pretty much have no other options given the climate here. Real shame, because soil is great - and alot of it is tough to find responsible use for on account of slope. So we grow american hybrids and count on terroir to make up for any real or perceived difference between them.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we also talk about the pleasures of good wine? - by The Grand Nudger - March 13, 2020 at 10:24 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you like mulled wine? Dundee 23 931 December 21, 2020 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  Those guilty pleasures Foxaèr 18 1685 October 29, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious