Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths
RE: BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths
(October 31, 2020 at 3:48 pm)TaraJo Wrote: So, a few facts about corona virus here: coronavirus is like HIV in that it doesn't kill directly.  You might die from a fever that's too high or from pneumonia.  And your death certificate will list those as your cause of death.  But you never would have had that fever or pneumonia if you didn't have covid-19.  So, yes, if someone dies from respiratory distress and they have covid, I guess technically they didn't die from covid; but that's like saying someone didn't die from being pushed off a cliff because they actually died when they suddenly stopped upon hitting the ground.  

Also, covid is having other dangerous effects on people's health.  People aren't being treated for other conditions because they're afraid of covid.  I actually read that people are having heart attacks and not going to the hospital because they're more afraid of covid than the heart attack.  I've also seen cancer treatments pushed back because of covid concerns.  Cases of domestic violence and suicide are also going up because of covid.  Covid kills indirectly just as much as it does directly.

And even if you get covid and recover..... recovery isn't always fun.  Sometimes it can be a very long, drawn out process with a lot of lingering conditions.  You may have to be on respiratory therapy for months.  Scarring on your lungs doesn't just go away because you fought off the virus.

Trump underestimated this disease and now he is paying for it. One can't face pandemics with populism; also can't make long-term effective plans when their plans' life-span goes only for a week or two.

COVID proved that Trump is simply not suitable for his position. Maybe he is suitable for a reality show or a WWE episode, but not for presidency. And his failures in foreign policy -especially in my region- is just catastrophic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths - by WinterHold - October 31, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid and the attacks on Asian people no one 35 1404 February 27, 2022 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Covid on tv/in movies zwanzig 11 1536 November 9, 2021 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  My problem with the covid vaccine Ronaldo 88 8596 September 2, 2021 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Covid and the word "segregation". OP/ED Brian37 2 306 May 22, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: Loujain Al-Hathloul FREE ! thanks Biden ! WinterHold 24 1130 February 15, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Earthquakes in Croatia - deaths caused by unregulated buildings? FlatAssembler 6 531 January 17, 2021 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Black female Dr. dies of covid. Treatment in question. brewer 2 424 December 30, 2020 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Covid Queue onlinebiker 10 906 December 21, 2020 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1162 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2064 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon