Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do you remember ‘penis inspection day’ at school?
RE: Do you remember ‘penis inspection day’ at school?
(April 22, 2021 at 1:43 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(April 22, 2021 at 11:55 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: So, even Florida being Florida, I don't think this will go through...

Well, florida being forida, this isn't their first merry go round.  It's not so much a question of whether it would or could go through, but how long it would stand if it did.

That's kind of the point - it's yet another attempt to force an issue to the courts while they believe it to be advantageous or most advantageous to do so.

You know what would be cool? If they actually taught (in detail) the theories of John Locke. For as much influence as he's had on our political philosophy it's puzzling that most American students barely know who he is.

There's even some (supposed) Christian foundation in Locke's thinking. But y'know what I think? 

I think John Locke was an atheist or deist who was heavily influenced by Baruch Spinoza. But since he had to publicly rebuke Spinoza (which he did) in order to not be harassed by theocratic social forces, he decided to add unnecessary "Christian bits." to his political theory. But if you examine it closely, it's arguably shaped by Spinozian ideas and not by Biblical formulas.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you remember ‘penis inspection day’ at school? - by vulcanlogician - April 22, 2021 at 2:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone remember Mark Spitz? abaris 19 1791 August 19, 2016 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer