Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do you remember ‘penis inspection day’ at school?
RE: Do you remember ‘penis inspection day’ at school?
(April 22, 2021 at 9:01 pm)polymath257 Wrote:
(April 22, 2021 at 7:02 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: In the most obvious case, there is often extremely limited potential to get better enough to be competitive at the next level.

OK, so? I can't compete at the highest levels in any sport.  For that matter, I can't compete at even moderate levels in any sport.  But I don't expect to be in a special classification to soothe my ego.

If you are already in a special class, not because the class existed to soothe your ego, but the class exists and nonetheless serve to soothe your ego, you would feel it is very unfair as well as a great loss to lose that class and have to be a nobody in a more challenging class.

What is more, when you had the special class that wasn’t conceived to stroke your ego, people would praise you for being  great in your appropriate class.    once you lose this class, people will say you are no good, and you belong to a class that is no good.

(April 22, 2021 at 9:01 pm)polymath257 Wrote:
(April 22, 2021 at 7:02 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: In the most obvious case, there is often extremely limited potential to get better enough to be competitive at the next level.

OK, so? I can't compete at the highest levels in any sport.  For that matter, I can't compete at even moderate levels in any sport.  But I don't expect to be in a special classification to soothe my ego.

If you are already in a special class, not because the class existed to soothe your ego, but the class exists and nonetheless serve to soothe your ego, you would feel it is very unfair as well as a great loss to lose that class and have to be a nobody in a more challenging class.

What is more, when you had the special class that wasn’t conceived to stroke your ego, people would praise you for being  great in your appropriate class.    once you lose this class, people will say you are no good, and you belong to a class that is no good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you remember ‘penis inspection day’ at school? - by Anomalocaris - April 22, 2021 at 9:07 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone remember Mark Spitz? abaris 19 1792 August 19, 2016 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer