Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims
RE: Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims
(June 3, 2021 at 1:25 pm)Astreja Wrote: You have got to be kidding.  Are you so naïve that you can't see the evil that religion has done in this world?  Right now, Canada is flying flags at half-mast because of the discovery of a mass grave of children at a Catholic-run residential school in British Columbia.

It isn't the beliefs, per se - it's the infantilization of believers and the vesting of virtually unlimited power in the hands of manipulative people in the name of (the Mother Church, Fearless Leader, The Party -- any ideology, religious or secular, where power is centralized and obedience is coerced).

Humanity doesn't need messages to the effect of "Just obey God and everything will turn out okay."  Humanity needs to take a giant step away from obedience and towards personal responsibility, and start basing morality on empathy rather than a fear of being punished.

But abortion is fine...right up to the moment of birth? At 121 million abortions worldwide, per year? 
Humans are way more prolific at killing than God has ever thought of being!

I'm not condoning anything done by so called, religious groups throughout history. But, I don't know how you 
can say talk about that evil and think abortion is not without reproach?

Reject offhand all religion. And anyone associated with it. Blame all the woes of the world on them/us. It's your God
given right, and choice. Freewill. But in doing so, you may also throw away knowledge and truth!

I'm old and wise enough to know, you can learn from every situation. And every person has some gift to give. We can sit in judgement
on many things. It doesn't mean we're right. Can I say that atheists are all bad? Would that be wrong? I have friends and family that are 
atheists. They are "good" people. I judge individuals. Not organizations. And whether they are; loving, caring and wise people. Period

So, blanket statements about religion are intrinsically wrong! As with any "blanket" statement is. That makes anyone doing it look biased 
and dumb. It's just not so! It's a lie; based on emotion and hate. The numbers don't support the claim. Just because you don't like it, 
doesn't make it true. But, around here...you get the "pass" you wouldn't in a real world scenario.

The world is made-up of humans that are for the most part good. Evil is a small number in any group. And all of us should be working
for that "good". And Truth. Instead of dividing us over our tastes. We don't judge people on race? Why should any other freedom and 
right be different? Good religious and their deeds far, FAR outweigh anything evil you scour the net for! But again, doesn't fit your
narrative, and tastes.
Quis ut Deus?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims - by ronedee - June 3, 2021 at 4:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12412 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1897 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2685 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4522 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7141 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4313 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5521 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus decompose? Natachan 77 5715 March 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners purplepurpose 72 9188 November 19, 2018 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8378 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda