Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system
The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system
In the last years I have become a lot more critic of the capitalistic system, how it exploits its workers and makes the rich even richer.

I have been thinking that even the idea of starting a family is now a dream, at least in the ideal conditions we would want. Consider the following expenses:

- House: it is now very difficult to buy a house. Its expensive and usually you need to get into debt.
- School: also very expensive. If you want to put your children in private school, it is even more expensive. Take into account that depending the country you live in, the difference between private and public education can be massive.
- Car: also expensive. Maintenance, permits, etc. Public transport is an option, but I think that if you have a family a car is very convenient. 
- Other expenses: necessary things like paying the bills, computers, phones, food, etc. You will have to sacrifice the quality of these good in order to afford all of the above.
- Stagnating wages: the joke is no joke. Everything rises except your wage. I honestly think we are reaching a tippig point on this regard.

Take into account that even if you are a professional, starting a family is difficult. Talking from personal experience, I have done everything you are supposed to do (go to university and get a degree), and still, the idea of starting a family is for me basically impossible (I live in a 3rd world country so wages are even lower compared to more developed countries).

When even starting a family is extremely difficult/impossible, we should question the economic system we live in.
I would like to know your thoughts about this.

Messages In This Thread
The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system - by Macoleco - October 1, 2021 at 2:03 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 874 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Hospital system overwhelmed Spongebob 35 2481 August 27, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I voted today. Brian37 17 888 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1877 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Family Secular Elf 4 494 August 15, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5011 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1065 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 438 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 503 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3097 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37