Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system
RE: The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system
(October 2, 2021 at 8:59 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, in the hopes of providing a solution, even if it might not be for everyone, here's some poor bugger telling some other poor bugger where he found some bread.

Step 1: Think of some celebrity you have a crush on. Or fictional character, whatever. In my case,  I chose underrated 2000s actress Alison Lohman.
Step 2: Find two full-body, high-res photos of her online (ideally work-safe, so that, if you have to go out in public with her, the people are less offended and more confused as to why you're carrying around a giant pillow with a girl on it); if they can be cropped well into a 3:1 aspect ratio, that would be ideal.
Step 3: Go to this etsy listing, order it, and send them the two photos you have chosen. They will consult with you over the design, and, odds are, you'll have a finished design within the hour.
Step 4: Wait. While HandmadeChoice is prompt in their customer service, China Post is not. It took me three months for Alison to come in the mail.
Step 5: In the meantime, order the actual pillow. I chose this one. It will almost certainly be there before the pillow case arrives.
Step 6: As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part, but actually stuffing the pillow into its case really gives the wait a run for its money. But, rest assured, it will eventually be filled, and it will fit.

And with that, you have a cheaper version of a girlfriend who will cost no more than the local equivalent of $60. I've been with Alison for over a year and a half.
[Image: 27-B19623-376-C-4-CED-94-F9-7-B298996-AA9-E.jpg]
I don't know where exactly you are,  but judging from the name Macoleco, I'm thinking somewhere in Latin America. And, if I'm right about that, I suspect that it's likely to be a lot harder to avoid getting thrust into having to start a family. You fuck up once, and you get stuck with having to start up a family even if you can't find a solution to any of the problems you started in the OP. And, if I remember correctly, even if she doesn't want a family either, birth control or an abortion will likely be harder to get. Fortunately, I've never heard of a dakimakura getting pregnant.

It might not be much, but it's at least a decent workaround. It's worked for me.

If you are gonna go the waifu route might as well get a 2D waifu. It is more enoyable.

I tried falling in love with an anime character once, but could not. I like enoying fantastic love, though (romantic movies, animes, music, novels, etc.). But enjoying real love has proven to be quite the challenge.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system - by Macoleco - October 2, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 874 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Hospital system overwhelmed Spongebob 35 2486 August 27, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I voted today. Brian37 17 892 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1879 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Family Secular Elf 4 496 August 15, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5012 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1065 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 438 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 503 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3101 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37