Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine
(March 3, 2022 at 11:59 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Uh....  No.

Better google some more there mate....

There IS some American made 7.62 x 39. It is not suitable for warfare.

1. It' s too expensive. Brass case. Box primer. Reloadable. ( unlike Communist bloc produced which is steel case, berdain primer)

2. It is not FMJ. Not "legal" for use by convention.

He might be able to score some from the Chinese - but only if they don' t side with the Russians....

I took your advice and did some more googling. I found this:

https://www.smkw.com/fed-7-62x39-124gr-fmj-ae-20bx

If American-made is not FMJ, I have to wonder why they’re advertising it as such.

I don’t think the expense is really an issue. Even if Childress pays for it out-of-pocket - as opposed to the company paying for it - the cost for the rounds alone would be less that $1 million. If we add in permitting and transport costs (and I have no idea what those would be, but let’s triple it), it’s still a tiny fraction of Childress’ net worth.

Since Childress sits on the board of a company that makes ammunition, I don’t see why he would need to ‘score some from the Chinese’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by onlinebiker - March 3, 2022 at 9:18 am
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by onlinebiker - March 3, 2022 at 11:59 am
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - March 3, 2022 at 12:24 pm
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by onlinebiker - March 3, 2022 at 2:00 pm
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by onlinebiker - March 3, 2022 at 6:28 pm
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by Anomalocaris - March 3, 2022 at 12:56 pm
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by Anomalocaris - March 3, 2022 at 1:06 pm