Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine
(March 3, 2022 at 2:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(March 3, 2022 at 12:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I took your advice and did some more googling. I found this:

https://www.smkw.com/fed-7-62x39-124gr-fmj-ae-20bx

If American-made is not FMJ, I have to wonder why they’re advertising it as such.

I don’t think the expense is really an issue. Even if Childress pays for it out-of-pocket - as opposed to the company paying for it - the cost for the rounds alone would be less that $1 million. If we add in permitting and transport costs (and I have no idea what those would be, but let’s triple it), it’s still a tiny fraction of Childress’ net worth.

Since Childress sits on the board of a company that makes ammunition, I don’t see why he would need to ‘score some from the Chinese’.

Boru
Did you READ your link?

1. Cost of rounds would BE 1 million. $20 a box of 20 round. 

2. It IS FMJ. First I have seen. Your point 

3. OUT OF STOCK.  as is most everything.

How many American gun shops have you been in this week?

1. I assumed the cost per round would go down due to the volume. Like this:

https://www.luckygunner.com/rifle/7.62x39mm-ammo

1000 rounds for $410.00 comes to .41/round. Two million rounds (the amount Childress wants to donate) would come to $820 000.00.

2. Thank you.

3. You do understand that they would be getting the ammo directly from a manufacturer and not from a gun shop, right? I mean, it’s not as if Elon Musk would be on the waiting list for a back-ordered Tesla.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by onlinebiker - March 3, 2022 at 9:18 am
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by onlinebiker - March 3, 2022 at 11:59 am
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by onlinebiker - March 3, 2022 at 2:00 pm
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - March 3, 2022 at 2:22 pm
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by onlinebiker - March 3, 2022 at 6:28 pm
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by Anomalocaris - March 3, 2022 at 12:56 pm
RE: Childress Pledges Ammo to Ukraine - by Anomalocaris - March 3, 2022 at 1:06 pm