Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 18, 2019, 9:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression
Depression
hello, 
I had posted a topic about 2-3 weeks ago like this one.

but the problem still resists. I mean I can't overcome this depression because I don't know why should I try to overcome why should I try to survive why should I try to live why should I try to study 

If I live if I try it's all going to be wasted like I've done nothing like the way I'm born with this.
I've lost interest practically in everything

the only thing I'm thinking about is suicide.

to be blunt with you it was all like attention seeking back to when I was trying to talk of suicide.

we were who created gods and we were who created adjectives small big tall short poor rich ... we were who created the world and gave it the meaning.

just want to know what should I do. 

just be blunt with me and tell me anything that can help I appreciate that.

how to deal with bigots that are spoon-fed without the ability to think by their own? 

honestly, I'm talking about people here. I'm living in a developing country people here are extremely religious, to be honest with you yes that's the only problem; I can't get along with people here who pressed their brain pause function. 
people here are JUST talking about 1500 years ago surrounding themselves with religious thoughts like what should I do to fking god appreciate me.
I don't know what to do with these dumb doras and pillocks telling cock and bull stories
the only thing that I could do was isolation and led to this level of depression.

this was my first topic https://atheistforums.org/thread-59012.html

just want to know what to do with these bigots. its been about 5-6 years that I'm doing this way. since they are extremely religious and narrow-minded (most of them like something 95%) I decided to isolate.
that was the only thing that I could do and instead of collecting information with others I tried to read books and know what should know.

everything else is alright but those inner suicide thoughts just won't let me live.
you can't dance you can't hang out with girls you have no freedom just this mental activities these are the only things left for me.
my life here is limited to reading books university and so on.
what I had in my mind is just something different ...
I have 0 friends now from back to 6 years ago.
I was about 18 years old that I decided to be alone and change habits to reading and doing stuff alone.
RE: Depression
Time to call your local/national suicide hotline? 

And if you're yanking our collective AF chains, time to stop.
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick
Resume - Dorothy Parker

'Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.

Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.'

Boru
'A man is accepted into a church for what he believes.  He is turned out for what he knows.' - Mark Twain
Talk to your family
(May 22, 2019 at 12:00 pm)wyzas Wrote: Time to call your local/national suicide hotline? 

And if you're yanking our collective AF chains, time to stop.

ok, no offense just delete my topics and close my account if you see it violating this forum's rules or kindly stop answering I just asked a question if you don't want to see it just ignore you don't have to post anything.
this forum is about atheist and this problem is related to it.
Talk to someone.

Not strangers on the internet.

I talk to the people here about things like this because I've been a member of this community for years and I consider many to be friends.

We'll talk to you and try to help but you don't know us and we don"t know you.
Sanity adjacent.

Angel

IMGUR 
(May 22, 2019 at 12:11 pm)Macoleco Wrote: Talk to your family

same here, they are religious, counselors religious, doctors religious

(May 22, 2019 at 12:17 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Talk to someone.

I talk to the people here about things like this  because I've been a member of this community for years and I consider many to be friends.

that's my problem, question is who who and who.
Sure you feel suicidal because you feel alone, unwanted and redundant to the society around you, although you are right and they are wrong.

Suicide is almost a mechanism of nature for people that are burdens to society. For instance, Albert Einstein in his youth contemplated suicide because he thought of himself as a failure: he was failure at school and wasn't much better at college which he barely finished. Einstein's father died thinking his son is a loser.

But needless to say it turned out Albert was brilliant and that people around him were wrong.

So in order not to think about suicide you need to make yourself useful to society and that means make sure if you're right in your atheist worldview and if you are then talk to other people and make them see that they're wrong. I mean you will certainly find someone who will see that you're right and you won't be alone. Besides there are probably plenty of them who are hiding their atheism.

Or maybe just never talk about religion and avoid the topic. But then again religion gets everywhere, like politics.
(May 22, 2019 at 12:18 pm)Infinite q Wrote:
(May 22, 2019 at 12:11 pm)Macoleco Wrote: Talk to your family

same here, they are religious, counselors religious, doctors religious

(May 22, 2019 at 12:17 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Talk to someone.

I talk to the people here about things like this  because I've been a member of this community for years and I consider many to be friends.

that's my problem, question is who who and who.

Do some research.

There has to be some secular support available.

And listen to Fake Messiah.
Sanity adjacent.

Angel

IMGUR 
Just one poor bugger telling some other poor bugger where he found some bread: start seeing a therapist. I’m only saying this because that’s what worked for me (well, that and prescriptions of Luvox and amitryptiline.)

It won’t totally cure you, but with the right therapist (and maybe an antidepressant that actually works for you), it’ll make the load a hell of a lot lighter.
I was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad.

[Image: 161109-WlllQ6UaSpqY.png]

Trump 2017: We're all nihilists now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major depression and NO ANSWER TO ANYTHING Infinite q 9 205 May 12, 2019 at 2:06 am
Last Post: Infinite q
  The philosophy of reaching God through utter depression AtlasS33 11 1189 July 31, 2016 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Levi_Black
  Conquering Depression from the Sorrow of Life Rhondazvous 13 1361 October 22, 2015 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Humanoid Escapee
  My Loss of faith has caused severe depression Aran 31 5513 June 21, 2013 at 2:41 am
Last Post: whatever76