Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 10:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Refuses Gay Marriage Licenses
RE: Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Refuses Gay Marriage Licenses
So, I'm listening to WVXU, Cincinnati's NPR, and they say she's been released, but what was her scheduled term for that offense, anyhow? I never heard.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(September 8, 2015 at 3:15 pm)Aroura Wrote: Posting this again because it needs more views, and we all need a laugh, amiright?

"Just like that guy from Les Miseraaagghagh"
ROFLOL
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I just lost all respect for that judge.  Should have let her rot in there.
(September 8, 2015 at 4:05 pm)c172 Wrote: So, I'm listening to WVXU, Cincinnati's NPR, and they say she's been released, but what was her scheduled term for that offense, anyhow? I never heard.

In civil contempt, you can be held indefinitely (i.e. until you are deemed to be no longer in contempt).

The longest term on record (in the US) is 14 years.
It may be a short stay on the outside.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/lawyers-...from-jail/

Quote:Lawyers vow Kim Davis will violate court order and halt marriage licenses after release from jail

He should lock up her fucking lawyers, too.
Her lawyers are just right wing Liberty University stooges who don't give a shit about her except so far as she provides them a pretext to parrot the Christians-are-under-attack narrative the sheep love to bleat about and to press their agenda in the courts. She's nothing more than a useful idiot (oh, sorry -- brave champion for religious liberty). If it hadn't been her, I'm sure they would have found another wannabe martyr for Christ they could have used.
HAW HAW HAW!!!! So they finally let her out. Good!
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(September 8, 2015 at 4:55 pm)A Theist Wrote: HAW HAW HAW!!!! So they finally let her out. Good!

She's just going to end up back in there for contempt.

Why do you think she should be exempt from issuing marriage licenses?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Yeah, it sounds like she'll be back in jail for contempt within the week.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
One of her lawyers was on Fox. Seems like there should be something in the Bible about not having lawyers discuss religious shit in public too, just prohibiting the women from doing it clearly isn't good enough.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 19081 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2683 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Court Ordered Quarantine brewer 2 480 October 24, 2019 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Supreme Court Considers Mandatory Govt Funding of Religious Education EgoDeath 8 835 September 24, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Fed Court, "hand over 8yrs of your finances" Brian37 15 1155 May 22, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1197 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Colorado Baker A Theist 371 49604 June 14, 2018 at 2:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Maddow and this weeks court TRANSCRIPTS... Brian37 14 1789 April 19, 2018 at 4:38 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Night Court judge, actor Harry Anderson dies c172 9 1354 April 16, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Gay couples denied full marriage benefits in Texas Aoi Magi 18 2922 December 8, 2017 at 4:12 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah